Categories of hosting services
A hosting service appertains to storing and/or sharing specific web content on a server administered by a website hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a look at them. In this way, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you wish to create a site, mails, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by some web hosts, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file hosting packages often include ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific period of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly twisted explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would share the tasks at hand between individual bunches of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different site hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some companies provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you wish to share an enormous number of pictures with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is typically free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your mail accounts. Some suppliers offer web site hosting services for websites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can set up email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video generates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your web site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to have as many video files as you desire without hassling about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to run a website. To some degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mails, upload videos, etc. At Str Hosting, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the standard email/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for specific web content exclusively.